The BBC has released the first trailer for the return of Vigil, giving fans a look at the high stakes drama that races through the six new episodes of the upcoming thriller. Series two will begin at 9pm, Sunday 10 December on BBC One, with the first three episodes available on BBC iPlayer from 6am that morning.
In a brand-new investigation, DCI Amy Silva (Suranne Jones) and DI Kirsten Longacre (Rose Leslie) enter the world of drone warfare to catch a killer. Following multiple unexplained fatalities at a Scottish military facility, Silva and Longacre are tasked with uncovering the cause. Entering the hostile and closed ranks of the air force, the pair must face the deadly warfare of tomorrow as they fight for their own future.
The first series of Vigil was the UK’s most-watched new drama launch since Bodyguard in 2018. Series one won the International Emmy and secured a BAFTA nomination for Best Drama Series. The first series of Vigil is available to watch on BBC iPlayer now.
Vigil (6×60’) series two is made by World Productions, an ITV Studios company, for the BBC. It is written and created by Tom Edge, with episodes by Maryam Hamidi, James Smythe and Ryan O’Sullivan and Matilda Wnek. Series two was directed by Andy De Emmony (The Nest, The Last Kingdom) and Joss Agnew (Deep State, Outlander). The producer is Marcus Wilson (Doctor Who, Luther) and associate producer is George Aza-Selinger. Executive producers are Simon Heath and Jake Lushington for World Productions, Gaynor Holmes for the BBC, and Tom Edge. Commissioning Executive for the BBC is Stephanie Fyfe. International distribution is handled by ITV Studios.
Series two of Vigil begins 9pm, Sunday 10 December on BBC One and BBC iPlayer. The first three episodes of series two will be available to stream on BBC iPlayer from 6am, Sunday 10 December. The first series is available on BBC iPlayer now.
Vigil series two full availability
Source : BBC
- 6am Sunday 10 December – episodes one, two and three available on BBC iPlayer
- 9pm Sunday 10 December – episode one airs on BBC One
- 9pm Monday 11 December – episode two airs on BBC One
- 9pm Tuesday 12 December – episode three airs on BBC One
- 6am Sunday 17 December – episodes four, five and six available on BBC iPlayer
- 9pm Sunday 17 December – episode four airs on BBC One
- 9pm Monday 18 December – episode five airs on BBC One
- 9pm Tuesday 19 December – episode six airs on BBC One